Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sacred Geometry: A Primer

This week, the penton and I must first state that I'm pretty sure I figured this out but the diagram I went off was complicated and the instructions are in German, which I don't speak or read that well. If anyone can see that I've made a mistake, please let me know.

Rather than starting with the square we start with the double square.

Draw a diagonal from the bottom left to the top right.

Set your compass to the width of the bottom of the square, point on the left, lead on the right. Arc up to meet the diagonal line.

Set your compass again, this time point on the upper right corner of the double square and the lead where the arc and diagonal line meet. Arc up past the outside of the double square.

Apparently I failed to get a picture of this step but set your compass again, point on bottom right corner and lead on top right and arc to meet the arc that extends beyond the double square.
Then draw a line between where the two arcs intersect and the bottom right corner.

Where the double square and the diagonal line meet is the top of the penton.


Top it off and there is a penton.


No comments:

Post a Comment