Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blast From the Past

This week, two paintings from my first watercolor class in college... come to think of it, my only watercolor class in college. It may have been one of the first times I attempted to create a series, before that I'd mostly just done stand alone pieces. I had was painting from pictures of a pioneer trek I'd gone on. I think the assignments were focusing on textures etc. On the whole these pictures are not great, I'm not sure why I still have them, but there are sections where I notice that I was able to do good. I was told by a teacher that old work like that shouldn't be saved, that it would be a stumbling block perhaps? I am not sure about that though, from these I can see that I've made great advances and I see some reminders of things I'm capable of. The second piece looks like I'd actually used real watercolor paper, instead of the cheapest watercolor pad I could find, I think this teacher helped to convince me that it was worth the extra money to use the better paper.

watercolor
2006

No comments:

Post a Comment