Thursday, October 4, 2012

Genesis

This piece is based on the same scriptures as last week's piece. This piece though I took in a different direction. I had seen a picture or painting of space and those sort of glowing colorful light clouds? (sorry I have no idea what they're called) and I was reminded how beautiful space and the heavens can be. I framed the scene in an eight pointed star because I've learned that eight is sort of a symbol or representation for the transition to heaven. If you have a square representing earth and a circle representing heaven, an octagon is sort of a bridge between the two, like in domed buildings, between the square base and a round dome, there's often octagon's to make it a smoother transition.

Firmament Called Heaven II
watercolor
9x9in
2012
Series: Genesis

No comments:

Post a Comment