Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sacred Geometry: A Primer

So as I've said, we're running low on orthogons, the ones left are the ones that have the most complicated diagrams, the bipenton and the trion. We'll do the trion today. I'm not sure I've ever drawn or used the trion but for anyone who wants or needs to know how to draw it, now we'll all know.

Start with the square and I find it helpful to extend the vertical lines past the square when I draw them.
Set your compass with the point in the top left corner and to the width of the square, arc through the square.
Set your compass with the point in the bottom left corner and repeat.

Draw a line from the bottom left corner and going through the point where the two arcs intersect. (In the diagram I was going off this was shown as a solid line, I used a dotted, if you're drawing the trion for the trion, I would just mark the point where the line crosses the other side of the square.)

Set your compass with the point in the bottom left corner of the square and the drawing point where the line and the square meet up, arc up to meet the vertical line extended from the square.

The diagram had a solid line draw on between the parts of the arc, I don't think that's a necessary step for drawing the trion, perhaps just showing some of the anatomy of the trion? From here just finish it off with the line where the arc and extended line meet.
The Trion.

No comments:

Post a Comment