Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sacred Geometry: A Primer

So a bit of a change this week. Instead of a how-to, a look at art that uses sacred geometry. If you can, you should check out this show at the Springville Museum of Art. I've talked before about my mentor Wulf Barsch, I might have changed my major if I hadn't gotten to have his classes; the show is a retrospective of his work. It was so cool to be able to see so much of his work in the same place, some I'd seen before and some that I'd never seen before. Anyway Wulf is where I learned about sacred geometry and he uses it extensively in his work.
 I thought this was a whole picture but it might just be a close up.

 Close up of the wejat eye. Can you spot the golden spiral?
These are some of the pieces in the show. You should go and see the show. Also you should check out the show in the B F Larsen gallery in the HFAC building at BYU, it's got some cool art connected to Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment