Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blast from the past

I think this piece is from when I first learned how to draw a star with geometry/compass and straight edge. I like stars but they're hard to draw. In first grade I couldn't draw a star very well, I hadn't learned the trick for drawing them and so a friend who was Jewish taught me how to draw a six sided star or Star of David, it was easier, just two triangles overlapping and going the opposite direction. Humorously I think I probably made a Christmas tree with a Star of David on top. Anyway eventually  I did learn the trick for drawing stars, but I loved being able to draw a perfect, or near perfect star. I also loved the idea that I could draw another star inside that star. This piece resulted I guess. Also blue and yellow are some of my favorite colors so I chose them for this piece. I love prismacolor's Copehagen Blue, which is what this color is, my copenhagen blue is probably the shortest of all my colored pencils.

colored pencil
9x9in
2007/8?

No comments:

Post a Comment