Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sacred Geometry: A Primer

 This week, how to make a square. I have this labeled in my notes as the best way to make a square of a specific size and I think that's true. To make this square you start out with a horizontal line (though if I think about it you could probably do it just as well with a vertical line.)


On the line space two points in the size you want your square to by, I put my points two inches apart.

I labeled my points A and B, which is not that easy to see in this picture, I'll have to start doing these in pen or something darker. If you're doing it to use in or with something else however it's good to make your lines very light so they aren't too obvious in the final project. Once points A and B have been established, you'll need a point C below and in between points A and B.


With your compass point on C and your drawing point on A make a circle. (Mine stayed inside of point B but I've found it better to try and place C so that the circle goes outside of point B.)

After drawing the circle draw a line on the point C and point D where the circle and horizontal line intersect.

The point where the diagonal line and the circle intersect is point E, draw a vertical line on points A and E.
  Open your compass so that the point and drawing point are the same. Pivot down from point A and mark the length on the new vertical line.

From point B and the point just marked swing the compass out and make an intersection.







Then connect the points to form your square.

I'd love some feed back at how these could be better or more helpful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment