Monday, May 14, 2012

Piece of the Week

I've been really excited about geometry lately and  so another newer piece from Hex for the piece of the week. This one is just the beginning of the design but per a suggestion I hope to make a bigger piece with this pattern expanded. I don't know how soon that will happen though. I should really try to figure out or put words to why a cool pattern or design is so intriguing. If you know why I'd love to hear it.
watercolor
6x6in
2012
Series: Hex

P.S. I went back through the Islamic art exhibit again and I still love it and one thing I love is looking closely at paintings etc. and seeing lines and patterns that aren't completely perfect, these pieces were done by hand not by computers etc. and they are beautiful and wonderful but they aren't totally perfect. My pieces are not totally perfect either and sometimes I feel like they aren't good enough if they're not totally perfect but it's good to see that I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment