Monday, May 21, 2012

Piece of the week

The summer after I graduated, I started my first series on bees. I researched bees and was blown away by the amazing creatures that honey bees are, I'm not the only one either, through out history people have enjoyed bees' honey and marveled at the remarkable little creatures that they are.
The series I created was only the second or third time I'd attempted to create a series, a body of pieces that work and build together. The series wasn't very great as a series with mostly watercolors and a few pen and ink pieces, and ideas that were loosely connected by the theme of "Bees" but some of the individual pieces turned out pretty cool.

pen and ink
2009
Series: Bees
9x9in
photo by David Hawkinson


Ps something new will hopefully be coming to the blog this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment