Friday, May 25, 2012

Remembering Italy


A year ago I was getting ready to go on my first trip to Europe, to Italy. It was a dream come true and I keep thinking about the trip and plotting/planning my next trip there. I was over the moon getting  to see so many beautiful paintings, sculptures, and buildings.

We went to the Vatican Museum, the National Museum in Rome, famous sites like the Pantheon and St. Peters and saw the most amazing and beautiful things.



This will be a long post of pictures even trying to limit myself to a few really awesome ones.

So far we haven't even made it out of Rome, we also went to Florence, Lucca, and Pisa.





These next photos are from Florence. There are significantly less pictures than there could have been because the Academia and Uffizi don't allow you to take pictures. Through the google art project you can visit some of the Uffizi though.

Back to Rome.



These places are so full of beauty, it's an incredible experience. I don't know that modern and contemporary art will be quite as worth of such pilgrimages hundreds of years down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment