Thursday, August 16, 2012

Genesis

My last Genesis post got ahead of itself, after this piece, comes this piece.

Light II
watercolor
9x9in
2012
Series: Genesis

This piece is on the same subject as the last Light piece but a different take on it.  I think that the various elements were going through my mind. The different colors in the circle and their quadrants in the square are symbolic. In the bottom right corner is red, the color and the area are symbolic of earth. The upper right corner and the color yellow, I think this is light or fire, but I'll be honest, I'm not to certian and my notes say different things. As for the blue and the upper left corner, I would like to say water but my notes say that it's air/ether and that does make a lot of sense. The green and the lower left corner are designated in my notes as water,  I typically associate water and blue but I have since learned that green is also symbolic/representative of water in Islamic art and water makes more sense on the "ground" part of the square than the "sky" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment