Friday, January 27, 2012

Studio Music

One of my teachers in school was very adamant that one shouldn't listen to music while working because it hurts your ability to focus. I do think that this is true but I generally don't work in silence. Usually when I'm working I listen to my local classical music radio station and I enjoy it, I think that the music sometimes probably does hurt my focus but I also feel like there are benefits to listening to beautiful music while working.
Yesterday however I switched things up a bit. I got really frustrated by something before I started working and so I pulled out my ipod to listen to Billy Joel's Glass Houses. I love Billy Joel and I listened to this album all the time during my year in school while I worked in a communal studio space. Sometimes I would listen to block out loud conversations in other quadrants of the space, sometimes to keep myself working longer. So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment