Monday, January 23, 2012

Piece of the Week

It's time again for Piece of the Week. I've been working on a new series and maybe one of these days I'll share that news series but for now here's a piece from a different new-ish series which has sort of been put on hold for the moment.Untitled
watercolor and sumi ink
9x9 in
2011
Series: Hex
I wasn't really sure what to call this series, but I've been calling it Hex in lieu of a better title. The idea behind the series was to really focus on geometric and Islamic designs, I decided that one way to do that would be to pick a number/shape and explore all the possibilities with it and then possibly do the same with other numbers/shapes. What I mean by 'number/shape' is that the patterns and designs would all be based off, in this case, the number six which is a hexagon or hexagonal shapes in the geometric form.
I didn't get very far with this series idea before my attention was turned elsewhere, but I hope to continue with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment