Monday, January 2, 2012

I was recently talking to a friend and fellow artist who shared that in the new year he hopes he'll be able to quit his job and support himself with his painting. I'm so excited for him. It's always great to hear about a friend's artistic success, so many times that doesn't happen, or maybe that's just what the world says and I've heard it so much that I started to believe it. A lot of times I get discouraged and feel like a failure. There's always the opportunity to improve upon the past, meanwhile I haven't been a total failure, I had the privileged to be included in a great show this year, with artists that I respect. I'm going up from there and not going back.


Finally, here are pictures of the piece that was in the Springville show.


Enlightened
graphite pencil on arches 88
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment