Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Thoughts as a juror

So this week I've had the opportunity to judge/jury an art show at a school where a friend from BYU teaches, we had some classes together, she was art ed and I was art just plain. It was really interesting to see all the projects that had been worked on K-9. It warmed my heart to see pieces where the kids seemed to really have grasped the concepts being taught, like watercolor washes, perspective etc.
The actually decisions were a little daunting at first, I don't want to crush young dreams, on the other hand, it was pretty cool to get to chose the pieces I liked, reward those that I found to have merit (I did take into account project guidelines where given). It was fun over all and I reakky do love art and what I do, so thanks for the opportunity Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment