Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sacred Geometry: A Primer

This week, how to draw a dodecagon/do-decagon (a twelve sided polygon). Start with an axis.

Draw a circle around the center point.


Make the vesica piscis on either side of the circle.

From there make circles on the pints of the vesica picises (sp?).

When this has been completed it should look like this:

Then go around and connect the points in the inner circle to create a hexagon (this is the sort of thing that I've used a lot in the Hex series).

When that's done, make lines through opposing sides, I don't really know how to explain it well but I hope the pictures will help show better what I mean.

It should look like this when finished, note the six sided star.

The center rectangles are and orthogon shape I believe, the double square if I'm not mistaken.

Then connect the lines on the outer circles.

There you have a dodecagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment