Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tools of the Trade

This week's tool, my geometry compass. As I've mentioned and posted about before, I have multiple compasses, the geometry compass is one of my favorites though. The cause for my favoritism is it's extreme usefulness.

Unlike my other compasses, my geometry compass came with several extras or tools. The extender bar is wonderful, sadly there is a limit to the diameter of circles you can make with a compass, it's incredibly frustrating to find yourself just short of what you need, with the extender bar, rather than having to find and buy a bigger compass (not a easy feat), you can use the bar to extend your compasses reach.

Another useful item is the converter that lets you use a regular pencil or pen as the drawing point for your compass.


Lastly, it comes with a spare compass lead which is just nice, I do have a pack of compass leads but I don't know how readily available they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment