Monday, June 11, 2012

Piece of the Week

At the workshop that I talked about in the last post, we did a little art project at the end and talked a little about sacred geometry and we were supposed to make something with some meaning. I decided to make a design with a six sided star or star of David, making up the star are two equilateral triangles going in opposite directions, overlapping to make the star. The symbolism with that is really powerful and also a bit flexible, I've used it to represent man and woman united, in the project I made each triangle a different shade of blue, this time I wanted it to represent man/myself and God. In the middle of the two triangles I added yellow/gold to represent light.
This piece of the week is not so much a star of David but it's a part of the Hex series and I just wanted to share some of the motivations behind the Hex series.

Untitled
Watercolor
9x9in
2012
Series: Hex

No comments:

Post a Comment