Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tools of the Trade

This week on tool of the trade the second half of my watercolors. Not long after graduating I bought myself some paints of a higher quality than I'd been previously using (Maimari Blu, good but not amazing) and so I turned to Kremer. Kremer mostly does pigments with which one can make their own paint but they do sell a smaller assortment of ready made watercolors. I did consider making my own watercolors but I read or heard that it was a tricky process and decided to postpone that adventure.
Kremer is a German company as well, which is not to say that German is the only way to go, Windsor Newton is an English/British company and their watercolors are rather famous (you just have to make sure that you get the high quality grades).
I've really enjoyed these paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment