Friday, April 27, 2012

Google Art Project

I don't know if I've posted on this before but the google art project is really an awesome thing. Last summer I was able to go to the Uffizi in Florence, where I gaped and thrilled and generally geeked out with art nerd excitement to see beloved works of art that I'd studied. Today from the comfort of home I can go to the google art project and be back at the Uffizi again. It was incredible to actually be at the Uffizi but in one trip, crowded in with hordes of other tourists, it's hard to take in everything that you might wish to see, online it can be savored and appreciated.
There are far more collections available than just the Uffizi. If you're dying to see some masterworks of art but can't get to where they are, try the google art project in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment