Monday, March 26, 2012

Piece of the Week

This piece was one I made specifically to enter into a themed competition, I struggled figuring out how to fit the theme and I went through several piece ideas. I knew about the theme for ages but still it was rather close to the deadline that I sent in my entry. My piece didn't get chosen for the show unfortunately but over a thousand entries were sent in and only two hundred made it in. I do rather like how this piece turned out however and I like the reminders and influence of my trip to Italy last summer. The dove was inspired by Bernini's stained glass in St. Peter's and the seashell has an nod to Botticelli and other Renaissance pieces I saw while I was there. This piece is rich with symbolism and the sacred geometry that I love so much.


A Pattern in All Things
Watercolor
9x9in
2011
Photo by Hawkinson Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment