Monday, February 6, 2012

Piece of the Week

This piece is from a series I worked on last year called The Importance of Bees. The series was focused on honey bees and the role they play in symbolism and folk lore. This piece features the Thriae, bee women from Greek mythology who were protectors of Zeus as a child I believe, but I'd have to go back and check my research and notes to be certian. PS the borders aren't really crooked, that's just how it worked out with my poor skills as a photographer and editor.


Thriae
Micron Pen and Ink
11x11in
2011
Series: The Importance of Bees

1 comment:

  1. Somebody essentially lend a hand to make critically articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual publish extraordinary. Excellent process!
    ORE International JW-118M Phone Table with Marble Top, Cherry

    ReplyDelete