Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sometimes I feel like I'm going in all different directions art wise, I don't think I will ever be the artist that just does one style or sort of thing. I'm interested in geometry, sacred geometry, Islamic designs, painting, drawing, and the list goes on. Today's focus was Islamic designs.

I'm trying out a new paper, Arches (pronounced arsch (it's a French paper) but people will probably call it arches) Watercolor Hot Press. Hot press means that it's smooth, cold pressed papers are rougher/ more textured. I'm liking it so far but I haven't tried any shading on it yet.
I love Islamic designs because they're so beautiful but I also like them because of the symbolism they have. In Islam they don't use images of people or animals, etc. to avoid idol worship, so they use designs and they have symbolism in them. This design is called "The Breath of The Compassionate"

No comments:

Post a Comment