Monday, August 15, 2011

Sacred Geometry

I have been renewing my love and fascination with Sacred Geometry, I've posted a fair amount about it in the past. I've been getting excited about my work again, and I'm going back and reading or rereading books and photocopies I've got on the subject. I've been really working on learning and exploring the geometry, instead of just sticking to a few designs/patterns that I've sort of run into the ground. I've been getting out my compass and ruler and going to work, "taking chances, making mistakes, and getting messy" as Ms. Frizzle of Magic School Bus would say. I want to reverse engineer Islamic patterns/designs and be able to make designs and patterns of my own that are equally as beautiful. Starting out, I'm working my way through the material provided in Sacred Geometry by Miranda Lundy and eagerly awaiting the arrival of more wooden books (I would love to read just about all of the books they've published).

Here's a pattern I drew the other day from instruction in Sacred Geometry. Look for more geometry soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment