Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Geometry Tools

So in my last post I told a bit more about sacred geometry and my love of and interest in it. I was going through my geometry books again and looking up others online, wishing to find them in library catalogs, not succeeding for the most part and turning to amazon to get the book that I needed to utilize and a few others that I wanted ($25 super-saver free shipping is a dangerous thing for me.). Coming to the point, I was remembering the frustration that I've had and still have in trying to find materials on sacred geometry and similar subjects. I had the idea that I could both make a resource book for myself and make blog posts for others, sharing what I know about sacred geometry.

If you have every wanted to learn how to make those cool geometric designs, then you will need some tools.
A ruler/straight edge - I didn't take pictures of these because I'm guessing you ha
ve one somewhere
.
And a (or several) compass - I have four but I mostly only use two.

I have this one that used to be my dad's when he was in school.

I have this one which was a cheap-o way to be able to draw bigger circles etc. I don't use it any more because it's a cheap and ineffective compass.

I have this one which I normally don't use because it's so huge but it is great for working big.

Finally I have this one which is Utrecht brand and intended for geometry use and as such titled the Geometry Compass Set.
I really like this compass because it's bigger than my first one, has a connection for pens etc. and an extender bar so that you can make even bigger circles. (If you want one it's currently 60% off).

No comments:

Post a Comment