Thursday, January 13, 2011

Frustration

I am a bit frustrated with myself and my art. There are often visions in my head of what I'd like a piece to look like and then there is the result and the two do not always look even similar, for example, the piece I posted yesterday, I started off with something completly different in mind, I think what I ended up with was better than the original vision, none the less the vision and the reality don't meet. In school I studied with Wulf Barsch, as I may have mentioned previously and both he and his work completly changed the way I looked at art and the directions I am now going in my own work. I'm frustrated today from looking over the beautiful work of a former classmate and how much I would like my work to be more like her work than it is. Someday maybe I'll be the artist that I want to be but for now I just have to keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment