Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Goals


When I started college as an art major, I knew next to nothing about what was out there and the possibilities. One of my first art teachers at BYU was Wulf Barsch, who I've written about recently. From Wulf I learned about an awesome opportunity for an artist, the Rome Prize. The Rome Prize is and was a wonderful opportunity to live and work in Rome at the American Academy there. Wulf knew all about the prize because he'd won it.
Since that time I've been wanting to win the Rome Prize. It's something that's been in the back of my mind, shifting from a pipe dream to a possibility, to a great desire. I love Italy, I loved my trip there, I loved the art there and the rich history there. Almost a year living and working in Italy, so much opportunity to learn, grow and improve.
Next year I want to be ready to apply for the Rome Prize and then go to Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment